Dell has introduced a new 12 inch rugged tablet this week in the form of the Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme offering the lightest and most powerful 12 inch tablet currently available on the market, says Dell. The rugged tablet has been designed for first responders and offers access to FirstNet built with AT&T in a public-private partnership with the First Responder Network Authority.
The new Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet is now available to purchase with prices starting from $1,899 offering “performance and connectivity for ultimate field productivity” says Dell. Features of the Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet include :
– Reliability and safety in extreme environments – The tablet has passed MIL-STD-810G/H testing and is also IP-65 rated for protection against dust, dirt, and water ingress, along with hazardous location Class 1 Div 2 certifications. Drop tested from 4 ft and tested to withstand -20 to 145 Fahrenheit temperatures, the tablet is built to support you whatever the environment.
– Uninterrupted power – Optional dual hot-swappable battery-architecture and on-the-go charging ecosystem for uninterrupted operation.
– Optimal Screen Interactivity – Anti-glare treatments on the 1000 NIT FHD displays provides excellent readability in all conditions. The new Rugged Active Pen and glove-capable multi-touch functionality enables a reliable pen and touch experience.
– Mission-critical connectivity – 802.11ax Wifi, global 4G/LTE broadband and assignable RF pass-through options for WWAN, WLAN and GPS mean users can easily stay connected wherever they are.
– Integrated security features – A built-in infrared camera with Windows Hello facial recognition allows users to log in into their devices securely and easily. Optional next-generation fingerprint, contactless and contacted smartcard readers benefit those needing to balance the security of their data with user accessibility.
– Easy integration – IT managers will appreciate the ease of deployment – the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet is compatible with most existing Latitude Rugged Extreme tablet vehicle and desk docks and previous generation accessories.
– Support services designed to make unplanned downtime a thing of the past – Dell Pro Support Plus service options include 24/7
Tom Tobul, vice president, Dell Specialty Products says : “Dell Rugged customers are often operating in the most challenging, unpredictable environments out there, and constant access to their data can be vital to their roles. The new Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet offers the latest processors and several connectivity options in a compact, light device, perfect for those in the field,”