It happens that some important data lost due to various reasons. Actually before asking for manual recovery, some DIY tools can be considered. And in most cases, data recovery software helps. And this article will take a look at an easy to use data recovery software from EaseUS Software company. It comes in two versions for rendering specialized support to both Windows and Mac in terms of recovering data from RAID storage and servers.
It supports the following file types:
- Images – PNG, JPEG, Photoshop, RAW, Illustrator
- Videos – QuickTime, MPEG-4, WMV, AVI
- Audios – WAV, MP3, AAC, AIFF, Ogg
- Documents – Excel, Word, PDF, Powerpoint
- Archives – Gzip, Stuffit, Zip, RAR
It can recover the following files:
- Files deleted accidentally.
- Files deleted after emptying the recycle bin.
- Data lost on formatting a disk.
- Data lost due to virus attack.
- Files lost when partition or hard disk becomes RAW suddenly.
- Files lost if the Windows operating system crashes.
- Data lost when hard drive gets corrupted.
EaseUS data recovery software offers dual flexible scanning modes of quick scan and deep scan. The first one undertakes a selective scan of the deleted folders and files by using basic algorithm. Deep scan on the other hand is conducted on a sector by sector basis to ensure full proof recovery results.
A majority of files can be previewed before recovery. This can be of great help in preventing unwanted recovery of files which are actually not of any use.
Besides with PCs, It is compatible with a large array of devices that can be connected to the PC installed with the software, such as accidentally formatted sd card, music player, camcorder, Zip drive, digital camera, micro card, SSD, pen drive etc.
Firstly, you will have to specify the location which needs to be scanned. This can be done by launching EaseUS recovery software and selecting the location which suffered data loss. In this step, you can make your choice amongst connected devices and the local disk drive.
Then click on the ‘Scan’ button. It will initially start with ‘Quick Scan’ and next take up ‘Deep Scan.’ If the target files found in the quick scan phase and can be recovered, the deep scan mode can be stooped.
The program displays the scan progress at the top of the application with a countdown of the remaining time.
On completion of the scanning, users can browse the recovered file by file category, file tree or manually search for files by typing in a particular extension for example PDF.
Personally-deleted content can be accessed from the ‘Recycle Bin’ folder. Contents which are deleted through a program can be accessed by clicking on ‘More lost files (RAW).’
Once that you have decided on the files you want to recover, you will simply have to click on the checkbox appearing next to the file name and hit the ‘Recover’ button before determining a recovery location. You can choose either an external drive or a separate partition as the recovery location.
- Entire recovery process can be undertaken in just three clicks and that too without the requirement of any prior knowledge in the same field.
- Scanning speed is quite fast.
- Comes with a downloadable user manual, adequate video tutorials and searchable support articles.
- Live chat support makes it extremely customer friendly and also helps in offering real-time solution to all your problems.
- Data recovery process cannot be termed as very customizable.
Such tools can be a good choice if the files lost not long ago. And the free version can help to recover up to 2GB after a SNS share, which is basically 500MB. And it can be used to check if it works for a specific data loss situation by checking if it can find the lost files.
Disclosure: “This is a sponsored post. Geeky Gadgets has been compensated for this post. All opinions are that of the editor and were in no way influenced by the company.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.