Pi Supply the team behind the awesome PiJuice HAT launched back in 2016 have launched a new product this week in the form of a Raspberry Pi Zero UPS, aptly named the PiJuice Zero. Watch the video below to learn more about the Pi UPS which has launched this week via Crowd Supply and is now available with free shipping throughout the United States from $45. Worldwide shipping is also available for an extra $10 if required.
The PiJuice Zero UPS Has been designed to provide a complete wireless off-grid power solution for your Raspberry Pi Zero. Packed with powerful features PiJuice Zero can help you shrink your portable Raspberry Pi projects like never before. Features of the Pi Zero UPS :
– Compatible with any single cell lithium polymer (LiPo) battery (including our range of PiJuice batteries!)
– A full uninterrupted power supply solution for the Raspberry Pi Zero
– Integrated real-time clock
– Onboard intelligent on/off switch
– Low power deep-sleep state with wake on interrupt/calendar event
– 2 x programmable multi-coloured RGB LEDs
– Our revolutionary PiAnywhere technology – the best way to take your Pi off the grid!
– Full power management API available to Raspberry Pi OS with auto shutdown capability when running low on batteries
– Raspberry Pi pHAT layout – designed to exactly fit the Raspberry Pi Zero and Zero W. For use with Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B, 3B, 3B+, 4B – we recommend an additional stacking header for best operation, or better yet – just use PiJuice HAT module.
– Low profile design (10 g and 65 x 30 x 8 mm total dimensions), to fit inside the smallest of projects and possibly even inside some existing cases!
– Bring your own battery – this pHAT does not come with a battery. However, we offer a selection of batteries. When paired with our mating cable (one is provided with PiJuice Zero, additional are available separately) it is easy to use any battery with your PiJuice with simple crimp connectors.
– Fully CE and FCC tested, just like the original PiJuice HAT to enable use in educational and industrial settings
“As you can see from the crowded circuit board (105 components on there!), our engineers have worked tirelessly to ensure that PiJuice Zero retains all of the key features that you know and love from the PiJuice HAT, but in a format approximately half the size.” From cute little robots, to wildlife monitoring, uninterruptible battery backups and a whole host of other applications PiJuice has enabled a new generation of portable Raspberry Pi projects. But have you ever wondered what other projects you could create if you had a smaller solution, compatible with the Pi Zero and in a tiny form factor? That is exactly why we created PiJuice Zero…to open the door to new possibilities.
The low profile header on the PiJuice Zero allows you to reduce the footprint of your portable-powered Raspberry Pi to a fraction of what was possible before. And with any single-cell LiPo/LiIon battery supported, as well as solar panels, you can easily take your Pi off grid and power it 24/7.”
If you are interested in learning more about different Raspberry Pi OSes we have compiled a list of the most popular and stable distributions currently available. For more details and purchasing options jump over to the official Crowd Supply website by following the link below.
Source: Crowd Supply
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.