Makers, hobbyists and developers looking for a portable battery pack and power supply for their Raspberry Pi mini PC may be interested in a new solution called PiJuice that has been created to both offer a portable power solution together with a wealth of other features.
PiJuice allows you to set your Raspberry Pi computer free from the grid and even provides an option for you to use solar power to keep the Raspberry Pi running indefinitely. For more details watch the video below.
The PiJuice project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise $10,000 in pledges to make the jump from concept to production. Its creators explain a little more :
“As one of the smallest systems around there’s so many amazing things you could do with the Raspberry Pi if it was self-powered and portable. With PiJuice we want to provide not only the best portable hardware/software solution, but also a set of inspiring and affordable guided projects for fun, learning, and breaking out the Pi into the real world. For the past year we’ve toiled and sweated over the technical minutiae of PiJuice so you don’t have to.”
Features of PiJuice include :
– Onboard 1400 mAh “off the shelf” Lipo battery (with support for larger Lipo Battery up to 5000 mAH+) to last up to 24 hrs + in constant use!
– Full UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) solution.
– Integrated RTC (Real Time Clock)
– On board intelligent on/off switch
– Low power deep-sleep state with wake on interrupt/calendar event
– Programmable multi-colored RGB led
– Full power management API available to Raspberry Pi OS with auto shutdown capability when running low on batteries
– Raspberry Pi HAT compatible layout, with on board EEPROM for easy plug and play operation
– Low profile design, to fit inside lots of existing Raspberry Pi cases!
So if you think PiJuice is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help PiJuice become a reality.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News