Most of the Raspberry Pi 3 touchscreen cases available like any character, but one Instructables member by the name of Anders644PI has created a retro TV inspired 3D printed Raspberry Pi case which not only holds the display but also the Raspberry Pi mini PC in one truly portable system. For more details on how to create your very own jump over to the Instructables website by following the link below.
Items you will need to create your very own include :
• Raspberry Pi 3 (or Pi 2, B+ and A+ with WiFi dongle or ethernet cable plucked in)
• Adafruit PiTFT 3.5″ Touchscreen for Raspberry Pi
• 5V 2.4A Power Supply for Raspberry Pi
• 4GB or higher Micro SD Card – An Emty USB Stick
• Keyboard and a mouse – A connection to a monitor or TV
• 3D printer and a spool of any color PLA (or you could use a 3D service like 3D Hubs to print it for you)
• Glue of some sort (I used wood glue)
• Grey spray paint (optional: you could just stick with the color of the filament)
• Spool of wood filament (optional)
This guide shows you how to make and setup a retro-looking TV, with a Raspberry Pi, a Touchscreen and some 3D printed parts, so you end up with something in the neighborhood of a retro tv/monitor.
If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.