If you are considering building your very own Raspberry Pi arcade system using either PiPlay or RetroPie you may be interested to know that the Adafruit Arcade Bonnet for Raspberry Pi with JST Connectors is now available to purchase priced at $14.95 directly from the Adafruit online store.
The new hardware has been specifically designed to help make small emulator projects even easier to create and is supported by the full range of Raspberry Pi hardware.
The Adafruit Arcade Bonnet is sold as a mini-kit, with a Bonnet and headers that need to be soldered in to attach it to a Raspberry Pi! It only takes a few minutes but soldering iron and solder are required, says Adafruit. Features of the Adafruit Arcade Bonnet include.
• It is the same size as a Pi Zero, so for really compact builds, this is super small. You can also use it with a Pi 2, 3, B+ or any 2×20 connector Pi.
• It has JST sockets so you can plug in six arcade buttons easily using our quick connects.
• Header breakouts for use with both clicky-type switched joysticks and…
• Header breakout and converter for using analog-type joysticks or thumbsticks with potentiometers inside.
• A 3W digital speaker output that can drive 4-8 ohm speakers for when using with a TV output, audio-less HDMI display or PiTFT. Works even when the Pi doesn’t have a headphone jack!
• Switches are all managed with an I2C-GPIO converter with interrupt out. The converter is very fast and frees up all the pins so you can use this Bonnet with a PiTFT or any other accessory/device that uses a lot of pins!
For more information on the new Adafruit Arcade Bonnet for the Rasbperry Pi jump over to the Adafruit website for details by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.