Hardware manufacturer and storage specialist QNAP has unveiled a new addition to their range of hardware with the launch of the QNAP QBoat Sunny which takes the form of a single board Internet Of Things mini server. Powered by a Annapurna Labs AL-314 quad-core processor supported by 2GB DDR3 RAM. Watch the video below to learn more about this new IoT mini server It measures just 12 cm x 12 cm and offers a development board-like design, that supports almost any type of IoT application.
The small IoT mini server has been designed to reduce bandwidth and cloud processing costs of large scale/public IoT applications by using it as a fog computing server/gateway to filter and relay data to public clouds, says QNAP. Features of the QNAP QBoat Sunny Single-Board Internet Of Things Mini Server include :
– Two M.2 SATA SSDs (2260 and 2280 lengths) are supported for flexible and high-performance storage needs
– Two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports and a M.2 A key slot are provided for USB dongles or M.2 modules (2230 length). Wireless capabilities can be added for connecting more IoT devices.
– The powerful AL-314 processor with 2GB RAM are used and various interfaces are provided for combining many IoT devices and applications.
– The App Center provided by the QTS Lite operating system offers users with numerous developer tools for building a smooth and high-performance working environment.
– Container Station is a lightweight and easy-to-use virtualization platform for users to build personalized IoT applications with Docker and LXC.
– Based on populat open-source packages like Node-RED and Freeboard, the exclusive QIoT Suite Lite provides various useful modules and out-of-the-box functionality to accelerate IoT development and service processes.
The QBoat Sunny is a dedicated single-board Internet of Things (IoT) mini server for IoT developers and provides high expandability for connecting many IoT devices. Featuring Container Station and QIoT Suite Lite, the QBoat Sunny allows you to seamlessly manage and monitor your IoT applications, devices, and data for a streamlined and highly efficient IoT development experience. In the era of IoT, the QBoat Sunny is the ark to ferry your IoT devices and applications, and act as a private and/or public server/gateway.
Source: QNAPFiled Under: Hardware, Top News