Plankton Electronic has created a new modular saturation unit in a day’s top format which is equipped with three extra eurorack modules. The SPICE modular distortion unit is available to back from €25 for the ENVF PCB and panel. The core of SPICE is the Analog section offering seven different analog circuits, each one providing a different colour and harmonics to your sound. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the unit and its features.
Specifications of SPICE include :
– Rackable (34HP eurorack) modular desktop unit.
– 8 CV inputs with led level indicators.
– 6 main functions: Prefilter / Digital / Analog / Mixer / Envelope Follower / Feedback
– Prefilter: High Pass and Low Pass filters to shape the sound before being processed. Both controlable via fader + CV input.
– Digital: 12 bit Bit Crusher + Sample Rate reducer. Both controlable via potentiometer and CV inputs. It also offer an analog input control with led clip indicator and a low pass filter to smooth the output signal.
– Analog: 7 analog distortion circuits selectable with a rotary encoder + a sweet resonant state variable filter. Drive and Cutoff parameters are controlable via potentiometer and CV inputs. 2 of the circuits use the new Korg NU-TUBE.
– Mixer: Dry and Wet controls to mixed the processed signal with the clean one of the input. Both controlable via fader + CV input.
– Envelope Follower: A dedicated envelope follower with gain control and normal and inverted outputs to convert an incoming signal to an envelope. With its output you can control any of the CV parameters and shape the processed sound in many creative ways.
– Feedback: a triple feedback section that sends the Wet input to the Prefilter, Digital and Analog sections. It’s capable from a subtle resonance to a collapsed hardcore self generating tone.
– Semi-modular architecture with prepatcehd sections that can be reestructured using patch cables. Each section (minus the feedback) can be used as an indpendent function from the rest.
For a complete list of all available pledge options jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News