Preorders have opened this week for the $200 Pinebook Pro Linux laptop designed to provide an affordable laptop capable of playing 4K videos and desktop performance similar to that offered by the Raspberry Pi 4. The laptop hardware is enclosed in a magnesium casing rather than plastic of the first generation. Check out the demonstration video below to learn more about its performance and features.
The Pinebook Pro Linux laptop comes with a variety of Linux distributions with Debian being the default OS with Chromium OS and Android 9 also being available as an option. Pinebook Pro specifications include :
– 64-Bit Dual-Core ARM 1.8GHz Cortex A72 and Quad-Core ARM 1.4GHz Cortex A53 CPU
– Quad-Core MALI T-860 GPU
– 4 GB LPDDR4 Dual Channel System DRAM Memory
– 64 GB eMMC 5.0 Hard disk
– WiFi 802.11AC
– Bluetooth 5.0
– One USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 Type-A Host Ports
– 1 USB 3.0 Type-C ports with alt-mode display out and 15W 5V 3A charge.
– 1 MicroSD Card Slot
– 1 Headphone Jack and built-in Microphone
– Full Size Keyboard
– Large Multi-Touch Touchpad
– Lithium Polymer Battery (10000mAH)
– 14.1″ IPS LCD (1920 x 1080) display
– 2.0 Megapixels front camera
– Dimension: 329mm x 220mm x 12mm (WxDxH)
– Weight: 1.26 kg (2.78 lbs)
Jump over to the Pine64 website to preorder yours.