Raspberry Pi enthusiasts that are looking for a way to transform their pocket Raspberry Pi mini PC into a more professional portable system in the style of a laptop equipped with a full QWERTY keyboard. Yet still allows easy access to the Raspberry Pi PC for projects, hacking and modification.
Might be interested to know that the awesome Pi-Top Raspberry Pi Laptop Kit is now available to purchase directly from the Adafruit online store, priced at $275. The Pi-Top supports a range of Raspberry Pi PCs in the form of the B+, Pi 2 and latest Pi 3 systems and provides everything you need including casing, screen, keyboard and connecting cables.
Specifications for the Pi-Top Raspberry Pi Laptop screen included in the kit are :
– 13.3” HD LCD screen with eDP interface offering a 1366 x 768 resolution
– Colour active matrix TFT LCD module with anti-glare finish
– 3W power consumption
– PWM screen dim control (available on PCB rail)
– 60Hz refresh rate
– 262K colours
– eDP 1.2 interface
Adafruit explains more about what in the box :
– Screen – Connect the screen by simply slotting the metal hinge into the base bottom piece. A single cable is plugged into the Pi-Top Hub and away you go!
– Base Top – Attach and remove the base top piece by sliding it over the base bottom and pressing down. You will hear a satisfying ‘click’ when you have popped it into place.
– Base Bottom – The base bottom contains the battery and modular rail where you will pop in the Hub and Raspberry Pi 2. No wires or tools are required, like a lego laptop you snap everything into place. The Pi-Top smart battery pack is protected by a sheet of brushed stainless steel, so you can be sure your battery is securely in place.
– Hub – With over 150 components on this circuit board, the Pi-Top Hub PCB takes care of power management, our screen driver and a host of other functionality which allows us to turn the Raspberry Pi into a great open source laptop.
1x – 8GB SD Card with Pi-Top OS
– Cables connecting Pi-Top pieces
– Instruction Booklet
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Geeky Stuff, Top News