Olympus has launched a new entry level DSLR, the Olympus E-620.
The Olympus E-620 is apparently the ‘The world’s smallest and lightest D-SLR with built in image stabilisation’, it features a 12.3 megapixel sensor and a 2.7 inch LCD display.
Here are the full specifications.
- The world’s smallest and lightest D-SLR* with Built-in Image Stabilisation and a portable creative studio!
- Easy-to-apply Art Filters for enhanced creativity (Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale&Light Colour, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole)
- Multiple-exposure function with LCD monitor display of current view on top of previously captured image
- During Live View shooting a choice of 4 different aspect ratios (4:3,3:2,16:9,6:6)
- 12.3 Megapixel Live MOS sensor
- High sensivity (ISO 100-3200)
- Spotless photography with a strong dust reduction system
- Qualified image processing with new TruePic III+
- Built-In flash (GN12) & wireless flash control directly from the E-620 Body
- Face & Background Control for beautifully balanced exposures of foreground subjects and background scenery
- Comfortable viewing with Autofocus Live View
- 6,9cm/2,7″ Multi-angle HyperCrystal III LCD with Live View for greatest flexibility and real-time monitoring
- Built-in I.S. with max. 4 steps efficiency
- Great image performance and large variety of bright dedicated-to-digital lenses thanks to Four Thirds Standard
- High-precision, 49-zone metering system
- Auto gradation adjustment to prevent blown highlights and blocked-in shadows
- Live simulation function (effective monitoring)
- Pre-control over White Balance & exposure compensation
- Preview of shadow adjustment technology (SAT) for maximum image results
- 5x/7x/10x magnified view for precise focusing
- Ergonomic design of body, control buttons and GUI for easy operation
- AE/AF lock functionality for individual customisation
- Accurate White Balance with two sensors
- High-speed data writing and lossless compression for quick processing
- Optional power grip ideal for portrait shooting and long battery life
- USB 2.0 High Speed
- Shadow Adjustment Technology adjusts dark areas in images.
- Precise focusing
- High-speed data writing
- Dual slot for CF and xD-Picture Cards
The Olympus E-620 will go on sale in May for about $699.
Olympus via Akihabara News
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.