If you are interested in building your very own Nixie tube clock you may be interested in the new kit which has been created by Mantas Jurkuvenas based in the United Kingdom using Russian digit tubes IV9. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the retro-styled Nixie tube clock kit which is now available to back via Kickstarter.
“The first clock I built had buttons to set the time. I also found some wood in a scrap pile and made a little case for it. It sat on my fire mantle place for a few months. But the need to set the time every time it was unplugged or the clocks moved back because of daylight saving times drove me crazy. Also, a little piece of wood for the case was ok but didn’t look great.”
“Then I decided to incorporate WIFI microcontroller allowing the time to be set and adjusted automatically using the magic of the internet. I also upgraded the case using an American walnut hardwood. After quite a few people commented how amazing it looked I decided to share this clock with all of you! If you want a clock that looks and feels warm but also has all the amazing modern features I could fit in. Then back this Kickstarter.”
Features of the Nixie tube retro clock kit include :
– Sets time automatically and gets time updates every 30 min. It will be the most acurate clock in the house.
– Shows outside temperature.
– Has over the air updates so you will get more features.
– 5 touch sensors.
– Buzzer to make alerts.
– Warm glowing vintage Russian number tubes.
– Solid wood enclosure carved, hand finished, coated with mineral oils and sanded to a soft and pleasant texture.
– Fabric warped twisted cable.
– Solid brass touch sensors.
– Bottom warped with soft and abrasion free felt.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: DIY Projects, Top News