Last week we heard that a number of owners of the LG Optimus G on Sprint had started receiving the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on their handsets, although there was no official word from Sprint on the update.
Sprint has now confirmed the update and have said that it will be rolled out to the LG Optimus G over the next 10 days, you can see details of what is included in the update below.
LG Optimus G Software Update – LS970ZVA
– Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
– Google Now™
– Expandable, actionable notifications
– Android Beam™ to send photos and more
– QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
– Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,
including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering
in the graphics pipeline
– User-installable keyboard maps
– Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
– Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
– Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
– Improved voice search
– Improved camera app
– Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
– Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
You can find out more details about the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the LG Optimus G on Sprint over at their website, the update is being released as an OTA update.
Source Android Police
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.