We have been hearing about the LG G3 Mini for a while now, the handset is now official and it is called the LG G3 Beat, and we have all the specifications on this smaller version of the LG G3.
The LG G3 Beat comes with a quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor clocked at 1.2GHz, the handset is also equipped with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of built in storage, plus it features a microSD card slot for expansion.
The display on the LG G3 Beat is a 5 inch HD IPS display that has a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels with 294 pixels per inch, and the device comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The new LG G3 Beat comes with an 8 megapixel rear camera, this camera features the same Laser Auto-Focus that can be found in the G3, and there is also a front facing 1.3 megapixel camera.
It also comes with a range of camera features which include Touch & Shoot, this lets you touch anywhere in the handsets screen to focus and snap a picture, rather than having to press a specific on screen button.
Another camera feature is called Gesture Shot, this works when you clench your hand in front of the LG G3 Beat’s display, it will then automatically start a 3 second countdown and snap a photo.
Th new LG G3 also comes with a 2,540 mAh removable battery, plus 4G LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and more, you can see a full list of specifications below.
LG G3 Specifications
• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 400 processor 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
• Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS (1280 x 720, 294ppi)
• Memory: 8GB / 1GB RAM / MicroSD slot
• Camera: Rear 8MP with Laser Auto Focus / Front 1.3MP
• Battery: 2,540mAh (removable)
• Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
• Size: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm
• Weight: 134 g
• Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0
• Colors: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold
• Other: Touch & Shoot, Smart Keyboard, QuickMemo+, Gesture Shot
The LG G3 Beat will go on sale in South Korea on the 18th of July, the company will then start to roll out the handset globally, the handset will launch in Europe and the CIS regions, as yet we do not have any information on pricing.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.