Input Club has created a new analogue mechanical keyboard in the form of the Keystone, which has been developed to provide an “unparalleled leap forward in typing and gaming technology” say it’s creators. Combining High Definition Analog Control and per-key fast Hall Effect (magnetic) sensing to offer unparalleled performance.
Equipped with magnetic switches the keyboard offers “near-infinite customisation” options and offers a durability 20 times industrial standard, together with firmware programmability and RGB lighting. The Keystone open source analog keyboard with adaptive typing AI is now available to back via Kickstarter with earlybird pledges available from $149 and worldwide delivery expected to take place during February 2020.
Features include :
– Full-Size or Tenkeyless physical layout, ANSI-US only
– SILO Tactile, SILO Linear, and optional Clicky SILO Beam Spring switches
– NKRO, magnetic (Hall Effect) sensing
– Per-key HD Analog Control — fine movement in games and apps
– Adaptive Typing AI — modifies activation point based on your hands
– Per-key custom RGB lighting and animations
– Programmable Open Source firmware
– Optional doubleshot PBT shine-through keycaps in Cherry profile
– Prototype dimensions (Full-Size): 460mm L x 144mm W x 38mm H
– Prototype weight: 1500g
“The Keystone brings novel features together to continue pushing keyboard invention further- with its SILO Hall Effect and High Definition Analog Switches. These are both keyboard switch technologies that have been produced in the past, separately, but this implementation takes them to the next level. With Hall Effect switches, instead of relying on a bending piece of metal for actuation, your keyboard tracks the movement of a magnet. This allows you to change when and where the keyboard receives the signal, while also providing a billion press switch lifespan that simply cannot be competed with.”
“We designed much of the functionality for Keystone around the high performance needs of the people toughest on their keyboards – eSports players. Modern gaming is dominated by the desktop, and the keyboard is the most important variable in the perfect gear setup. With Analog functionality, every key can do multiple actions with a single press on a hardware level. A half press can be a lowercase letter and a full press can be an uppercase letter – allowing for intuitive typing that is much faster than the current style.”