Yesterday as well as releasing a new version of iTunes, iTunes 9, Apple (AAPL) also updated the iPhone software to their latest version, iPhone OS 3.1.
iPhone OS 3.1 comes with a host of new features, that take advantage of the latest version of iTunes, including Genius recommendations for apps, plus you can also download ringtones wirelessly.
One of my favourite features of the iPhone OS 3.1, is being able to organize your apps in iTunes, and select how you want to set up each of your app screens, rather than having to do it on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Here is a full list of the new features in the iPhone OS 3.1.
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos1
- iTunes U content organization1
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to “Save as new clip” when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
Update 3rd October 2009
Update 13th October 2009
The iPhone Dev Team have released PwnageTool 3.1.4 for Mac OS X
Update 22nd January 2010
Details have been leaked of the latest version of Apple’s iPhone OS 4.0, you can find out more at the following link.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.