A new modular laptop computer called Infinity has been launched over on the Indiegogo crowdfunding website this month looking to raise $50,000 to take the concept into production.
Infinity has been specifically designed for children and to provide a powerful sustainable and robust laptop computer that will allow children to upgrade or repair parts without throwing the whole device away.
Watch the video below to learn more about this innovative new idea which is the brainchild of Rangan Srikhanta based in Australia.
Designed to last for an entire childhood – or even longer – the Infinity has been specifically developed for children by not-for-profit One Education. Every Infinity ordered contributes to the distribution of technology to the children, schools and communities who need it most. It’s robust, eco-friendly, modular and most importantly it’s safe. Safe for kids, safe for wallets and safer for the environment.
– A computer your child can build themselves, giving them true responsibility for their own computer
– Save money with the power to upgrade or repair parts without throwing away the whole device
– Each modular part is able to be opened, repaired and explored
– Donate pre-loved parts to reduce e-waste and bridge the digital divide
– Give children a head start by introducing them to essential technology at an early age
The Infinity modular laptop computer is now available to back over on the Indiegogo website with early bird pledges starting from just $249 plus shipping.