An affordable home mesh networking system has been launched by TP-Link this week in the form of the Deco W2400 which is capable of providing network speeds three times faster than previous generation routers, says TP-Link. Thanks to the inclusion of 802.11ac wireless technology, making Deco capable of providing a lag-free simultaneous connection to up to 100 devices.
The system comes complete with its own smartphone companion application enabling users to track online activity and tweak settings when required. “Flexible and multifunctional, the Deco W2400 includes a variety of features allowing it to serve as a router, access point or range extender. Just choose the mode for your actual network demands and experience the maximum wireless flexibility.”
The home mesh networking solution is also equipped with robust parental controls to provide “simple, intuitive parental controls make it easy to keep your children safe while they’re online”. Features of the AC1200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System include :
– Deco uses a system of units to achieve seamless whole-home Wi-Fi coverage — eliminate weak signal areas once and for all!
– With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form a unified network with a single network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds.
– A Deco W2400 two-pack delivers Wi-Fi to an area of up to 3,000 square feet. And if that’s not enough, simply add more Decos to the network anytime to increase coverage.
– Deco W2400 provides fast and stable connections with speeds of up to 1167 Mbps and works with the major internet service provider (ISP) and modem.
– Deco can handle traffic from even the busiest of networks, providing lag-free connections for up to 100 devices.
– Parental Controls limits online time and block inappropriate websites according to unique profiles created for each family member.
– Setup is easier than ever with the Deco app there to walk you through every step.
No information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet, but as soon as information comes to light, we will keep you updated as always.
Source: TPLinkFiled Under: Hardware, Top News