Makerbot Thingerverse user UltiArjan has created a new Raspberry Pi 2 case called the HiFiBerry Digi+ and published the 3D printing files onto the Thingerverse library for anyone that is interested to download and print on their very own 3D printer.
The HiFiBerry Digi+ case has been specifically designed to provide a casing for using a Raspberry Pi 2 single board mini PC together with a HiFiBerry Digi+ audio shield.
The HiFiBerry Digi+ is a high-quality S/PDIF output board for the Raspberry Pi model A+/B+ and the new Raspberry Pi 2. that has been designed as an add-on board and connects to the P1 and P5 header of the Raspberry Pi. Features include :
• Dedicated S/PDIF interface chip supports up to 192kHz/24bit resolution
• Optical (Toslink) and electrical outputs
• Bit-perfect output, audio data stream will not be modified in any way
• Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
• No soldering. The Digi+ comes as a pre-fabricated kit. You just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi B+. The board conform to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification. That means it perfectly fits your Raspberry Pi B+.
• Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply
• Optional: high-bandwidth output transformer provides full galvanic isolation of the electrical output (not in the standard version)
• Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write-protection).
• Note that this feature is still in development by the Raspberry Pi foundation. You will be able to upgrade your HiFiBerry DAC+ when it is officially available. The sound card already works without this feature.
• Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.