Amazon has this week rolled out a new over the air (OTA) update for its new Amazon Fire smartphone which increases the operating system on the device to FireOS 3.5.1 and adds a number of new features, enhancements and tweaks for users to enjoy.
Amazon unveiled their new Amazon Fire smartphone back in June of this year which they have equipped with a 4.7-inch 720p LCD display and powered by a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor supported by 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 graphics.
Other features of the Amazon Fire smartphone include a 2.1 megapixel front facing camera for video calling, together with a 13 megapixel rear facing camera for video and photographs. Together with options for either 32 or 64 GB of storage all powered by a 2,400mAh battery. Features of the new Amazon Fire smartphone update include :
– Quick Switch :With a double-press on the home button, Quick Switch allows you to easily alternate between or shut down running apps and tasks. To learn how to use Quick Switch, go to Switch Between and Close Recent Apps.
– App Grid Collections : Create folders of apps or content right on the app grid. To learn how to use Collections, go toNavigate Your Fire Phone.
– Carousel Pinning :Pin your favorite apps to the front of the home carousel. To learn how, go to Navigate Your Fire Phone.
– 11 Frame Lenticular Photos :Create Lenticular photos using 11 still images instead of 3. To learn how, go to Take Photos & Personal Videos.
– Enhanced Carousel E-mail : Delete e-mails directly from the home screen. To learn how, go to Email Basics.
– Improved Video Sharing : Share high-resolution videos via MMS or e-mail. To learn how, go to View Edit & Share Photos.
– Improved Battery Life : Dozens of system updates for enhanced battery performance. To learn more about optimizing battery life, go to Conserve Battery Life.
For more information on the new Amazon Fire smartphone update jump over to the Amazon support website for details.
Source: Android PoliceFiled Under: Mobile Phone News, Top News