ThingsOnInternet or TOI has created a new Internet of Things toolkit which takes the form of a python-programmable modular tool to develop Industrial IoT solutions and has been specifically created to remove the interfacing issues sometimes experienced with PLCs and IoT cloud services. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the industrial toolkit which has been designed for IoT solution providers.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) is a concrete opportunity of innovation for small and large enterprises. In particular, the digitalization of industrial processes (Industry 4.0) is a trending topic that includes the IoT as a core capability. However, the digitization of industrial environments is often limited by practical obstacles like the inaccessibility of PLC code, the spread of low capability IoT gateways and the compliance with technical and industrial regulations.
4zerobox is an easy to configure and easy to program modular hardware electronic unit: it is perfectly suited for data acquisition and processing from existing systems and is fully compatible with hundreds of standard sensors. You can digitalize existing industrial assets without installing a PLC! It allows:
• IoT enabling an existing machine to have a distributed sensors network into the plant operations and acquire valuable information, thus bypassing an obsolete PLC;
• Seamless Integration with enterprise software infrastructures further extending the value of a ready to deploy toolkit.
4zerobox is ideal for applications in Manufacturing, Smart Retail, Logistics, Home Automation, Smart Cities and all market sectors where IoT is a core capability.
• IoT Solution Providers and Enterprises’ Innovation Departments to innovate industrial environment and retrofit existing machines.
• Facility services to remotely monitor the performance and possible failures of the managed assets.
• Manufacturers of Industrial Plants and Machines to innovate the marketed products with on-board data analysis and remote maintenance features.
The 4zerobox Internet Of Things Toolkit is now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges starting from just €149 and delivery expected to take place during January 2018. For full specifications and more information jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page via the link below.