WhatsApp has released a new feature to its service that from today onwards enables users to see if a message has been read by a recipient.
If you now see two blue check marks within the WhatsApp app on your smartphone or tablet next to your sent message then the intended recipient has read your message successfully.
However in a group chat or broadcast message, the check marks will only turn blue when every participant has read your WhatsApp message. WhatsApp explains a little more :
“For any message that you send, you will be able to see a Message Info screen, displaying the details of when your message was delivered, read or played by the recipient(s). To see the Message Info screen:
1. Open a chat with a contact or a group.
2. Tap and hold on your sent message.
3. Choose info from the menu.
The Message Info screen shows:
– Delivered when your media is delivered to your recipient’s phone, but the recipient has not yet seen it.
– Read or Seen when the recipient has read your message or seen your picture, audio file, or video. For a Voice Message, the recipient has seen but has not yet played it.
– Played when the recipient has played your Voice Message.
Please note that when a participant leaves a group, the Message Info screen will still show the original information with all participants, including the participant who left the group.”
For more information on the new WhatsApp notification service jump over to the FAQ website for details via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.