Raspberry Pi enthusiasts and those of you using ARM based Linux devices, may be interested to know that Vivaldi has this week released an experimental build of the Vivaldi browser which is now available to download for Linux on ARM devices, including the awesome Pi mini PC. In addition to the Windows, macOS and Linux (x86/x86-64), operating systems. The Vivaldi browser is now available for a range of ARM based Linux devices and is now supported by the Raspberry Pi Zero, Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3 systems as well as CubieBoard, ASUS Tinker Board and more. Jon von Tetzchner, CEO at Vivaldi Technologies explains :
We are excited to unveil Vivaldi for the popular development board Raspberry Pi and other Linux based ARM devices. Enthusiastic Raspberry Pi users who are looking for a more feature-rich and flexible browser, will find Vivaldi a thrilling experience.
Features of the Vivaldi browser include :
– Advanced tab management – ability to group, tile, move and pin tabs.
– Side Panel with easy access to bookmarks, downloads, a “tree-style” access to tabs, notes, browsing history and websites of users’ choice.
– Built-in functionality such as the screenshot Capture tool, Notes and Image Properties.
– Powerful History overview that lets users explore their browsing patterns, backed by statistics and visual clues.
– Unique and customizable look and feel of the browser interface with custom Themes and more.
– Keyboard Shortcuts and Mouse Gestures for quick browser commands.
Running on Raspberry Pi, Vivaldi lets users optimize settings to boost overall performance. To reduce resource usage, they can turn off animated GIFs or use the advanced Reader View for a clutter-free reading environment. Vivaldi also has built-in functionality such as tab grouping, screenshot capture, ability to take notes right in the browser and so on – in combination, resulting in a speedy browsing experience.
The Vivaldi web browser is available to download free of charge and more information and download links are available from the official Vivaldi website which is accessible by following the link below.