Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE launch with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as its operating system out of the box. If you’re rocking the Verizon variant of the tablet, you may want to take a look at your notifications area.
Verizon is rolling out the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for its LG G Pad 8.3, which introduces a handful of new features, enhancements and bug fixes for the tablet.
Along with the usual KitKat features such as restyled navigation bars, immersive mode, cloud print support and more, the latest update also introduces LG ‘s Knock Code feature which lets users unlock their device by tapping a specific pattern on the lock screen.
Here are some of the feature the new Android 4.4.2 KitKat update comes with for the LG G Pad 8.3:
- Battery icon color changes from blue to white
- Immersive Mode automatically provides full screen viewing for any application or game
- Print services for HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print and other printers in the Google Play Store
- Multi-User Mode allows you to create user accounts and permissions for others to set up and customize their apps & wallpaper
- Change in Accessibility Settings
- and more
The update is rolling out as we speak, and should reach all devices within the next few days. You can manually check for the update from the settings app as well.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.