If you enjoy using the Scratch block-based programming language or would like to learn more about the coding language, which is now in its third version Scratch 3.0. You will be pleased to know that the Raspberry Pi Foundation has today announced they will host the first-ever Scratch Conference Europe in the UK this summer: from Friday 23 to Sunday 25 August at Churchill College, Cambridge.
The Scratch Conference will be a participatory event providing those interested the chance to explore the creative ways in which people are programming and learning with Scratch. In even-numbered years, the conference is held at the MIT Media Lab, the birthplace of Scratch; in odd-numbered years, it takes place in other places around the globe and this summer will be arriving in the United Kingdom.
Since 2019 is also the launch year of Scratch 3, we think it’s a fantastic opportunity for us to bring Scratch Conference Europe to the UK for the first time. What you can look forward to :
– Hands-on, easy-to-follow workshops across a range of topics, including the new Scratch 3
– Interactive projects to play with
– Thought-provoking talks and keynotes
– Plenty of informal chats, meetups, and opportunities for you to connect with other educators
– Join us to become part of a growing community, discover how the Raspberry Pi Foundation can support you further, and develop your skills with Scratch as a creative tool for helping your students learn to code.
Contribute to Scratch Conference Europe : Would you like to contribute your own content at the event? We are looking for you in the community to share or host: Project demos, Posters, Workshops, Discussion sessions, Presentations and Ignite talks.
For more information on the2019 Scratch conference jump over to the official Raspberry Pi Foundation website by following the link below.