If you thought virtual reality could get any better than using say the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and the Omni directional treadmill. You may be interested in a new concept called the VOID, that combines virtual reality with physical environments to take VR to the next level.
Watch the video below to learn more about how the VOID is hoping to provide gamers and VR enthusiasts with a new way to experience total immersion.
“At THE VOID you will walk into new dimensions and experience worlds without limits. From fighting intergalactic wars on alien planets, to casting spells in the darkest of dungeons, THE VOID presents the future of entertainment. Only limited by imagination, our advanced Virtual-Reality technologies allow you to see, move, and feel our digital worlds in a completely immersive and realistic way. “
The Rapture HMD tech being used to develop the experience consists of the following:
▪ Dual High-Density Curved OLED Displays (1080p per-eye, initially).
▪ Quantum Dots (nearly doubling perceived resolution color range).
▪ Custom Optics (proprietary lens-in-lens design).
▪ High-Quality THX Headphones (featuring in-game binaural sound design).
▪ Super-Gain Inline Microphones (for in-game communications).
▪ Proprietary Global Head Tracking Sensors (running at 120Hz).
For more information on the new virtual reality environment jump over to the official VOID website for details
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.