A new miniature synthesiser will be launching by Kickstarter in a few days time on July 13th, 2018. Created by Modal Electronics and taking the form of the SKULPT synthesiser. The 4 voice, 32 oscillator virtual analogue synthesiser offers 8 oscillators per voice with 2 selectable morphable waveforms together with a mixer stage for osc levels along with FM, PWM, tuning and Ring Modulation options.
“Modal Electronics are proud to announce the latest in its line of innovative Machines For Musicians – the Modal SKULPT synthesiser. Packing a huge range of synthesis power in a highly portable package, Modal SKULPT is ready to help you take your creativity to the next level wherever and whenever you want.”
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about what you can expect from the new synthesiser which will be available by the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page from July 13th, 2018 onwards. Other features include 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources and 37 destinations, 128 patch and 64 sequence storage locations, 16 key touch MIDI keyboard and MIDI DIN In and Out – Analogue clock sync In and Out connections.
Additional specifications include
– Monophonic, Duophonic and Polyphonic modes available
– Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 32 oscillators for a huge sound
– 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
– 2 x audio rate LFOs, one global and one polyphonic
– Realtime sequencer that will record up to 128 notes and up to 4 parameters.
– Fully featured arpeggiator with division, direction, octave, swing and sustain controls.
– Resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
– Delay and distortion (wavehsaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
– Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
– Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
– Headphone and line output
– Power by USB or 6 x AA batteries
– Optional software editor available for MacOS, Windows, IOS and Android
– Portable and compact design