3D Systems have announced the release of a new Sense 3D Scanner update, that is available to download for free and brings with a number of new features, updates, tweaks and performance enhancements.
To re-cap the handheld Sense 3D Scanner hardware is available to purchase for around $399 and allows you to scan large physical object into a digital models, that can then be used for 3D printing or computer generated applications such as games, virtual reality and more and is supported on both PC and Mac systems.
Code included in the latest Sense 3D Scanner update have increased the scanning speed for a smoother experience and well as providing the ability to:
– Go from physical object back to the digital platform, and back to 3D printing, as scans are 3D print ready and can be uploaded to the cloud.
– Use the fastest scanning equipment available at this quality and price level.
– Perform mobile, handheld scans, and enjoy compatibility with the Microsoft SurfaceTM Pro 2 tablet.
– Experience a streamlined, enhanced experienced with better tracking.
– Perform scanning in a wide range of sizes from small to large, to enormous—with scans of ten feet tall and wide possible.
– Use precision focus with automatic object recognition.
– Use a full-featured editing program that’s also intuitive and user-friendly.
– Mash it up by merging scans in Cubify Sculpt, enjoying the opportunity to get even more creative by importing and combining scans.
– Enjoy 12 different options for language.
The latest Sense 3D Scanner update is now available to download from the Cubify website via the link below.