Makers that have been looking for versatile open source CNC machine kits maybe interested in an new system called Routakit that has launched over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website.
Routakit is an open source CNC machine kit that are available to purchase from $749 and provide a cutting areas up to a massive 1260 x 760 x 140mm. Watch the video below to learn more about the new CNC machine kits.
“The Routakit SD is our baseline machine offering excellent performance in its class for cutting wood, plastic, and aluminum. Featuring 9 gauge steel plates for high rigidity and strength, a stiff 4080 extrusion as the gantry, 250mm (4 in) of clearance, and a 250mm tall industrial grade ball screw for the z-axis.
For a complete out-of-the-box solution, simply add in our optional electronics kit (includes a CNC USB MK3/4 control board and four Nema 23 175 oz stepper motors) and the Routakit SD is ready for action!”
Routakit Open Source CNC Machine Kits Specifications :
– Footprint: 1486mm x 1013mm at the base (58.5in x 39.9in) *Measured from base
– Work Area: ~1260mm x 760mm x 140mm (49.5in x 30in x 6in)
– Rapids: 13,970 mm/min (550 in/min) Recommended, 22,860 mm/min (900 in/min) Maximum
– Plate Material: 6.35mm thick (.25in) 6061-T6 aluminum
– Rail Material: 6061-T6 aluminum Open Rail for x and y axis, stainless steel for z-axis
– Belting: 15mm wide, 3mm pitch GT2
– Ball Screw: 16mm diameter, 300mm length, 5mm pitch
– Stepper Motor Size: 380oz Nema 23/24, 600oz Nema 34 with planned future motor plate upgrade
– Max Supported Spindle Size: 3kw
– Repeatability: .025mm – .05mm (.001in – .002in)
– Accuracy: +- .127mm (.005in)
– Extrusions expandable up to: 1500mm x 2000mm (59.1in x 78.7in)
– Electronics: Gecko g540, four 380oz Nema 24 stepper motors (You can source your own electronics if you’d prefer)
For more information on the new Routakit jump over to the Kickstarter website for details via the link below.