Fotodiox has this week unveiled a new addition to their Vizelex line, in the form of the RhinoCam adapter, which has been created to enable NEX camera owners to mount Pentax 645, Mamiya 645, or Hasselblad V lenses.
RhinoCam provides a massive increase in the sensor to 140 megapixels by moving the camera and sensor around in a precise pattern for multiple exposures, creating images that can then be stitched together, to create a 140 megapixel final photograph.
Fotodiox explains a little more about their new adapter : “The lens remains firmly in place while the RhinoCam’s moving platform positions the NEX sensor for multiple precisely-positioned exposures. RhinoCam also mounts directly onto a 4×5 board to open up additional possibilities with wider angle lenses, tilt shifts, bellows systems and more.”
The RhinoCam adapter is now available to purchase form the Fotodiox for $500, and the RhinoCam is currently compatible with all Sony NEX E-mount cameras. Features include
-Compact and lightweight construction ideal for backpack photographers who would otherwise need to transport much heavier gear to photograph large vistas
– Connects a low cost camera sensor with a medium format lens for astonishing medium format photography at a fraction of the normal price
– Preview the composed image before taking the first shot with the built in Composition Screen
– Mount a modern camera sensor onto 4×5 equipment using the RhinoCam system
– Multiple exposures are in a linear array, perfect for flat-stitching to reduce distortion errors inherent in spherical stitching
– When the user upgrades their camera, the RhinoCam delivers even higher quality pictures
Source: Imaging Resource
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.