Raspberry Pi enthusiasts looking to expand the power of their Raspberry Pi mini PC may be interested in the Raspberry Pi Cluster HAT. The Cluster HAT add-on board has been designed to attach to the top of a Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3 and allows you to easily add up to four Raspberry Pi Zeros configured to use USB Gadget mode.
The Raspberry Pi Cluster HAT offers a great way to simulate small-scale clusters for teaching or testing and can be used with any mix of Pi Zero 1.2, Pi Zero 1.3 and Pi Zero W mini PCs. Features of the Raspberry Pi Cluster HAT include :
– USB Gadget Mode: Ethernet and Serial Console.
– Onboard 4 port USB 2.0 hub.
– Raspberry Pi Zeros powered via Controller Pi GPIO (USB optional).
– Individual Raspberry Pi Zero power controlled via Controller Pi GPIO (I2C).
– Connector for Controller Serial Console (FTDI Basic).
– Controller Pi can be rebooted without interrupting power to Pi Zeros (network recovers on boot).
The Raspberry Pi Cluster HAT Is now available to purchase priced at £38 or roughly $45, to find your local supplier jump over to the official Cluster HAT website via the link below.
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.