If you are in the need for a more powerful Raspberry Pi alternative the new ATOMIC Pi mini PC developed by Team IoT might be worth more investigation. The mini PC powered by a Intel Atom x5-Z8350 quad core processor with 2M Cache has launched via Kickstarter this week and is now available to back with early bird pledges from $34.
Features of the new powerful Raspberry Pi alternative mini PCs include :
– Genuine Intel Atom x5-Z8350 quad core with 2M Cache. Runs up to 1.92GHz with a 480MHz GPU. Eats RPi for dessert. Beats some desktops.
– Loaded with memory: 2GB DDR3L-1600, 16GB eMMC, slot for SD expansion (up to 256Gb)
– Full HDMI port with Intel HD Graphics & audio out
– USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports
– Fast dual band WiFI b/g/n/ac 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi RT5572 IPX connectors on board
– Bluetooth 4.0 CR8510
– Gigabit hardwired RJ45 Ethernet RTL8111G
– 9-axis inertial navigation sensor with compass BNO055
– TTL serial debug and expansion serial ports up to 3.6Mbps
– Real time clock & battery
– JST style connectors and a 26-pin header for power & GPIO.
– Runs on 5V. Typically 4-15 watts.
– Legitimate licensed BIOS boots from SD, USB, or Ethernet. Linux comes preloaded… Yes, it’ll run Win10 64 bit.
– Optional breakout shield with screw terminals for easy wiring
– Well documented
For more details, best locations and video walk-throughs jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page by following the link b
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.