Developers, hobbyists and enthusiasts may be interested to know that a new Raspberry Pi clone in the form of the aptly named Rock Pi mini PC will soon be launching priced from $39. As the name suggests the Raspberry Pi inspired mini PC is equipped with a Rockchip RK3399, USB 3.0, M.2, HDMI 2.0, and native GbE, plus optional WiFi, BT, and PoE.
The Rock Pi Model A will be available to purchase from $39 with 1 GB of RAM or $49 with 2 GB around and if your budget will stretch $65 with 4 GB of RAM. The Model B, which adds PoE and a WiFi-ac/Bluetooth 5.0 wireless module will sell for $49 (1GB), $59 (2GB) or $75 (4GB). The Rock Pi has a microSD slot and an empty eMMC socket in addition to the M.2.
Specifications of the Rock Pi include :
– Rockchip RK3399 (2x Cortex-A72 at up to 2.0GHz, 4x Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz); Mali-T860 MP4 GPU
– 1GB, 2GB, or 4GB LPDDR4 RAM (dual-channel)
– eMMC socket for 8GB to 128GB (bootable)
– MicroSD slot for up to 128GB (bootable)
– M.2 socket with support for up to 2TB NVMe SSD
– Wireless — 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) with Bluetooth 5.0 with antenna (Model B only)
– Networking — Gigabit Ethernet port; PoE support on Model B only (requires RPi PoE HAT)
– HDMI 2.0a port (with audio) for up to 4K at 60Hz
– MIPI-DSI (2-lane) via FPC; dual display mirror or extend with HDMI
– MIPI-CSI (2-lane) via FPC for up to 8MP camera
– 3.5mm audio I/O jack (24-bit/96KHz)
– Mic interface
– 2x USB 3.0 host ports
– 2x USB 2.0 host ports
– USB 3.0 Type-C OTG with power support and HW switch for host/device
– Expansion — 40-pin GPIO header (see pinout diagram); M.2 slot for SSD (see mem/storage)
– RTC with optional battery connector
– 5.5-20V input
– USB Type-C PD 2.0, 9V/2A, 12V/2A, 15V/2A, 20V/2A
– Qualcomm Quick Charge support for QC 3.0/2.0 adapter, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A
– 8mA to 20mA consumption
– Operating temperature — 0 to 80°C
– Dimensions — 85 x 54mm
– Operating system — Android 9.0; “some” Linux distros
For more details on the new Raspberry Pi clone jump over to the Linux Gizmos website or the official Rock Pi product page by following the links below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.