Adafruit has today announced the availability of a new Raspberry Pi advert blocking kit which requires no soldering and uses the Raspberry Pi 3 as a Domain Name Server. Priced at $54.95 the Raspberry Pi advert blocker comes complete with a 2.8 inch PiTFT display and has been designed for the Pi Hole DNS system.
“So you will never even connect to the ad server and get the ad. Your connection will be faster, less data, and no intrusive ads. It works great on computers, tablets, phones, etc. Even if you cannot run an ad-blocker plugin on your phone or tablet, this will work and ad-blocker-detectors can’t tell you’re running it.”
The kit contents include :
– PiTFT Plus Assembled 320×240 2.8″ TFT – one of the cutest little display for the Raspberry Pi. It features a 2.8″ display with 320×240 16-bit color pixels and a resistive touch overlay.
– 8 GB microSD Card w/ PIXEL Desktop NOOBS – the fastest way to have a variety of operating systems on your Pi
– 5V 2.5A Switching Power Supply with 20AWG MicroUSB Cable
– Pi Model B+ / Pi 2 / Pi 3 Case Base – Smoke Gray
– Faceplate and Buttons Pack
But don’t forget you will need to provide your own Raspberry Pi and also install PADD (Pi-hole Ad Detection Display) and Pi-Hole on the Adafruit 2.8″ PiTFT Plus to display useful and fun “statistics such as Amount of Pi-holed Advertisements, and the top offending domain attempting to serve pesky advertisements to your network” explains Adafruit. For more details jump over to the official online store by following the link below.
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.