Developers looking for a more effective way to manage code snippets, programming tips and development notes might be interested in a new notebook application called ProtonNote which has been specifically designed for developers and is powered by Gist.
ProtonNoteHas this week launched over on the Kickstarter crowdfunding website and has been created by developer Nico Prananta based in Basel Switzerland. Check out the video below to learn more about his inspiration behind the new developer notebook application and its features.
Unfortunately, the web interface of Gist is not optimized for easy search, navigation, and browsing of your gists. ProtonNote is designed for that. It is a Mac app to utilize Github’s Gist as a full featured developer’s notebook.
With the clean design, you will enjoy writing and reading notes. The categories sidebar also makes it easy to browse through your gists. ProtonNote is great not only for saving code snippets, but also for jotting down your thoughts and ideas. I have started developing ProtonNote and implemented some of the basic (but awesome!) features :
– Sidebar categories to quickly navigate your gists according to the programming language used.
– You can also view all of your gists and starred gists.
– String search. You can now search for strings in your gists’ contents. In the website, you can only search for strings in the title and description.
– View individual files in a gist, instead of showing all files at once.
– Create draft(s) before saving to Gist. You won’t ever lose any gist that you’re still working on.
– Save gist with images! Try to do that in the website 😉
For more information on the new ProtonNote jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.