Yesterday the development team at Pixelmator rolled out a new update for their Pixelmator Pro image editing software in the form of Pixelmator Pro 1.5 Avalon making the Mac application fully compatible with the latest macOS Catalina, including support for Sidecar and Apple Pencil. Pixelmator Pro is available to purchase via the Apple Mac App Store priced at $39.99
The updates within Pixelmator Pro 1.5 Avalon adds full support for macOS Catalina, the new Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR, brings intelligent, machine-learning powered noise removal, big performance improvements, and a whole lot more. “Pixelmator Pro is an image editor designed to make the most powerful professional image editing tools accessible to everyone. And with an extensive collection of tools for editing and retouching photos, creating graphic designs, painting, drawing vector graphics, and adding stunning effects, it’s the only image editor you’ll need.”
Improvements in the Pixelmator Pro 1.5 Avalon release made available on October 10th, 2019.
– Zooming and scrolling are now at least 10 times faster thanks to asynchronous rendering. Plus, it’s always responsive, even if the image preview isn’t quite yet ready.
– Zooming is even faster in any Mac with multiple GPUs as any integrated, discrete, and external GPUs will be used to speed it up.
– Effects will now be applied and rendered up to 3 times faster.
– All painting tools (including brush-based retouching tools) are now up to 2 times faster.
– The Color Adjustments, Effects, and Zoom tools now have shortcut menus on the canvas to adjust image zoom and customize viewing.
– For any images without a color profile, the Info bar will now show No Color Profile instead of Device RGB.
– The standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile will now be shortened to sRGB in the Info bar.
– In the Color Profile pop-up menu, None has been moved to the bottom of the list and any custom color spaces will be shown at the top.
– The Select Color Range tool now makes better selections of dark regions.
– The Free mode in the Free Transform Mode has been renamed to Resize (because that’s what it actually does).
– An alert will now appear when documents cannot be saved due to insufficient permissions.
– An updated version of the Gilbert Color font adds Katakana characters.