The folks at Pebble announced its dedicated App Store will launch on February 3rd last week. It did happen, but it was released only for iOS, which did come as a disappointing news for Android fans. Although they did mention it’s coming very soon to Android.
Before you get more frustrated, there’s a piece of good news for you. Pebble has launched the Pebble App Store for Android, but it’s currently under beta stage so it’s bound to have some bugs and issues.
The application is not 100 percent stable, and has some issues related to the pairing process using Bluetooth, some installation issues and more. Here’s a list of known issues and bugs that resides in the current Pebble AppStore for Android beta:
- The pairing process has some issues. We recommend first pairing in the bluetooth settings of your phone and then starting the pebble app.
- You will not be able to configure an app if it is running on your Pebble. Exit the app (or watchface) before clicking the settings button.
- When installing an application with the pebble tool, you will need to press the “Load” button on your phone to proceed with the install. Make sure the app is launched and in the foreground before you run pebble install.
- getAccountToken() currently returns an hardcoded token.
- If your are an Android developer, you might have the Android dev options of “Limit Background Processes” and “Don’t Keep Activities” checked. You need to uncheck/disable these to use the Pebble app.
If you’re too impatient to try the Pebble AppStore Beta for Android, head over to the Pebble Developer Blog and download it. If you encounter any other bug that’s not listed above, you should contact the folks at Pebble and notify them.
Image Credit: Android Authority
Have a look at our Best Smartwatch 2014 guide for more information on the best smart watches available at the moment.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.