The latest Toughbook S9 from Panasonic has a 30″ drop rating, can withstand 220lbs of pressure to its top or base and is spill resistant up to six ounces of liquid and weighs in at just 3 lb.
Panasonic say the S9 is the Worlds lightest 12.1 laptop with DVD drive and the specifications include a Intel® Core™ i5-520M vPro™ Processor (2.4 GHz), with upto 6GB of RAM powered by a 11 hour battery.
Panasonic Toughbook® S9: Select Features and Specifications
• Genuine Windows 7® (with XP downgrade option)
• Intel® Core™ i5-520M vPro™ Processor (2.4 GHz)
o Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz
o 3MB Intel Smart Cache
• 320GB shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive
• 2GB RAM (DDR3), expandable to 6GB
• 12.1″ widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) LCD display with LED backlighting
• Anti-glare screen treatment
• Up to 11 hours of battery life with standard battery (MobileMark)
• 3.0 lbs
• DVD super multi-drive
• HDMI and VGA video outputs
o 30″ operating drop (to base only)
o 26 sides 12″ drop (non-operating)
o 220 lb compression-resistant
o Magnesium alloy case
o Spill-resistant keyboard/touchpad (protects against 6 ounces spills)
• Embedded Connectivity
o Optional integrated WWAN / Gobi2000™ mobile broadband (EV-DO and HSPA)
o Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200 802.11a/b/g/n
o Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR (class 2)
o Gigabit Ethernet
• Optional Integrated Security Features:
o Fingerprint reader
• 11.1″ (H) x 8.3″ (W) x 0.9-1.5″ (D)
The Panasonic Toughbook S9 is currently available in the United States for $2,499.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.