Record-breaking overclocker Ian “8Pack” Parry has unveiled his latest creation in the form of the 8Pack Supernova XL which is now available to purchase priced at £14,888.88. Built inside the CaseLabs STH10, the Supernova XL not only draws its inspiration from the very first 8Pack machine, but also gives one final moment in the sun to add to the already accomplished CaseLabs legacy.
The 8Pack Supernova XL is powered by the exclusive Intel i9-9990XE offering a 14 core processor, with a 4.0 GHz base clock pulling 255W TDP, it’s capable of hitting a 5.0 GHz boost clock across all cores, straight out of the box. The processor is cooled by a custom water-loop, with two dedicated radiators, and the design features five custom acrylic pass through plates. Check out the video below to learn more.
The Supernova XL packs 2 x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVME drives for a high performance storage solution and with sequential read/write speeds of up to 3,500/2,700 MB/s they’re ideal for use with professional applications. Secondary storage comprises of 2 x 10 TB WD hard-drives, providing an abundance of room for media, games and redundancy back-up.
Specifications of the 8Pack Supernova XL – Limited Edition performance PC system include :
– Designed and overclocked by world-record breaking Ian “8Pack” Parry
– Built inside one of three available Caselab STH10 cases
– 7″ display built into the front of the case
– Intel i9-9990XE LTD Edition CPU watercooled and overclocked
– 2 x NVIDIA 2080 Ti watercooled and overclocked
– 128GB GSKILL Trident X Royal 3600MHz RAM
– 2 x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVME Drives
– 2 x 10TB Western Digital HDD
– Superflower 1600W Titanium PSU with custom braided cables
– Custom OCUK Techlabs RGB Lightbox to illuminate the interior
– Dual water-loop configuration with 5 custom acrylic passthrough plates
– Phanteks Glacier RGB CPU and GPU waterblocks with chrome GPU backplates.
– 2 x 480mm, 1 x 360mm and 1 x 240mm EK CoolStream Radiators
Intel explains a little more about the processor used in the system : ”The Intel Core i9-9990XE is designed specifically for the financial services industry because of specific customer requirements. Because the Intel Core i9-9990XE was built with unique specifications and high frequency to meet the workload needs of this targeted industry, it can only be produced in limited quantities and will not be broadly made available.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.