Microsoft has this week announced the roll-out of a new update for its Outlook iOS application which will bring with it a number of new features including Do Not Disturb, Split-View and more. Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com Hotmail, MSN, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud email services. The Do Not Disturb settings will be rolling out in Outlook for iOS in the coming weeks.
Microsoft exchange a little more about the latest update and the incoming features : “With the launch of iPadOS, Outlook will soon support Split View to help making multitasking easier. In the coming weeks, you will soon have the ability to open multiple emails at once on your iPad, or even see your email message list and calendar side by side so you can get things done faster. Outlook plans to support multitasking features in the new iPadOS, such as drag and drop too. For example, with a browser open next to an email you’re composing, you will be able to copy text and links by dragging and dropping it into the message with your pen or finger.”
Features of the Microsoft Outlook iOS application for Apple’s iPhone and iPad devices include :
– Focus on the right things with our smart inbox – we help you sort between messages you need to act on straight away and everything else.
– Swipe to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
– Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
– Find everything you’re looking for with our new search experience, including files, contacts, and your upcoming trips.
– View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
– Bring all the apps you love in Outlook, including Facebook, Evernote, Trello, and more.
– Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
For more information on all the new updates rolling out to the Microsoft Outlook iOS application jump over to the official Microsoft Community blog by following the link below.