If you are looking for a unique timepiece to wear on your wrist you might be interested in a new watch created by Millclock the form of the steampunk Nixie tube watch, called Moonracer. The unique watch has been launched via Kickstarter this week and is available to back with pledges starting from roughly $299. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the nixie watch which features limited functionality yet awesome uniqueness.
Moonracer is light, as it is made of a single solid piece of aluminium and high quality acryl. It has durable handy strap that will perfectly fit any wrist. The wearer will feel comfy in spite of massive shape of the watch because the strap smoothly covers the wrist. Moonracer does not show the time “all the time”. This would discharge its battery very soon. Though it is totally rechargeable, Moonracer uses its energy resource very reasonably. To see the time, you should push any of the two Keys. Then it will show hours, and then minutes. You can set the duration of display from 0 to 15 points and the format of time to 24 or 12. The longer Moonracer displays information the more energy it takes. Moonracer is a precise watch, gorgeous accessory, and an extraordinary gift for:
– Hipsters – this watch is elegant enough to be worn everyday and at an event Fashion designers Sub-cultures: Goth, Punk, Steampunk, Lolita (girly), 60-es, futurist, vintage, eclectic.
– People in industries related to automobiles, motorcycles, airplanes Science and technology researchers
– Crafts-people who are in clocks, watches, acoustics, temperature and other numerical or graphical indication devices, light and illumination devices, cybernetics.
– History-lovers: Space race, Arms race, Cold war, Industrialization in the USSR, Industrial revolution in Europe, North America, and East Asia
– People in arts: artists, writers, actors, show-men/women Bright and active personalities – this watch is definitely aggressive and vivid.
– Parents and teenagers/children School teachers and principals
For more information on the Moonracer watch by Millclock jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gadgets News, Geeky Stuff