Electronics enthusiasts, makers and hobbyists that would like to construct their very own portable USB solar charger, may be interested in a new development board which has been created called the SolarBoost.
The SolarBoost has been specifically designed to provide a wealth of features to make the perfect portable USB solar charger with ease, that is capable of providing juice for your smartphone, tablet and mobile devices whilst away from the grid.
Watch the promotional video below to learn more about its design. Specifications of the SolarBoost board include :
– Size: 85mm x 53mm (3.347in x 2.087in) – about the size of a credit card
– Output Ports: 2 USB Type A ports
– DC Output: 5V, 2A on each port
– Input Port: 1 USB Micro B port
– DC Input: 5V, 1A
– Battery Ports:1 battery connector (Molex Micro-Fit 3.0) + 1 extra battery connection pad
– Solar Ports: 1 solar panel connector (JST XH) + 1 extra solar panel connection pad
– Pushbutton: 1 button for ON/OFF, solar power only, battery charge level, and flashlight
– LED Flashlight: 32 lumens bright cool white LED flashlight
– Sensors: battery charging temperature sensor + board ambient temperature sensor
– Indicator Lights: board ON/OFF, battery and solar voltage monitoring, solar charging only, and battery charge status indicator LEDs
– Controller Unit: 8-bit 32MHz Microchip PIC micro-controller unit (MCU)
– Safety: Built-in protection features including soft-start, over-temperature, over-charge, over-discharge, short-circuit and current limiter
To make your very own Portable USB Solar charger using the SolarBoost board jump over to the Kickstarter crowdfunding website to make a pledge from $45.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: DIY Projects, Top News