If you would like to protect your keystroke privacy you may be interested in a new keyboard created by Cherry the form of the Secure Board 1.0 equipped with keystroke encryption. The security features on the keyboard make it impossible for hardware keyloggers to access sensitive data and passwords. The keyboards Secure Mode provides extra security and the authenticity of the keyboard is verified with a certificate.
The encrypted keyboard can also stop ”Bad USB” attacks and is capable of blocking USB drives recognised by the operating system as keyboards, no longer allowing them to inject unauthorised code enter your connected computer. Secure Mode is particularly useful with thin clients running Linux, which supports this functionality. A solution for Windows is currently under development says Cherry.
Features of the encrypted keyboard include :
- Intelligent security keyboard with integrated reader for smart cards and cards/tags with RF/NFC interface
- Secure mode with authentication and encryption, especially with thin clients
- PC/SC smart card reader, CCID compatible
- Protocols: T=0, T=1, T=CL
- Read/write with ISO 7816 and ISO 14443 A/B compliant cards
- Flat design, low smart card contacting unit
- Satisfies FIPS-201 requirements
- DE version with DIN/GS compliant layout and meets with BGI-650 ergonomics guide
- Standard drivers for Windows and Linux
- One-handed operation of smart card module
- Awarded the Blue Angel environmental seal
“The keyboard features a flat, ergonomic design according to the German BGI-650 design guidelines for workstations while the “Blue Angel” certification guarantees that this keyboard is an environmentally friendly and sustainable product. The SECURE BOARD 1.0 is also compliant with all FIPS-201 requirements. Combining a reliable office keyboard with a secure card reader eliminates the need for an additional terminal and requires less desk space. Additionally, both the card and the terminal remain in view at all times. The SECURE BOARD 1.0 offers key caps with abrasion-resistant laser inscription, which can withstand years of tough office use without signs of wear.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.