Users of the awesome iTunes U iPad and iPhone application are sure to be pleased to know that Apple has rolled out a new update this week as iTunes U 2.0 that brings with a wealth of new features, tweaks and enhancements.
New features to the iTunes U application include the addition of course creation tools that enable teachers to create and also update their courses using their iOS tablet.
Together with new discussion features which have been added for students and teachers to participate in topical communication. A full list of new features include :
– The new iTunes U makes it simple for students participating in private courses to pose questions on the course or any post or assignment
– Other students in the class can jump into the discussion and ask more questions or provide answers
– Teachers and students can keep up with the conversation when they receive push notifications as the discussion progresses
– Teachers can now create and update their courses using the iTunes U app on their iPad—getting started is fast, simple, and completely free
– Provide every student a course outline, write posts, distribute assignments, upload class materials, easily track participating students, and much more
– Take advantage of the built in camera on iPad to easily capture photos or videos and upload them for course assignments
– Create materials using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote—or other apps from the App Store—and add them to your course by using “Open in iTunes U” from within each app
– Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions have the option to publish their courses to the iTunes U Catalog—making them available to everyone for free
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.