iTouch ID has created what they are marketing as the smallest USB fingerprint scanner ever to be created. Providing users with a small and compact way to add extra security to their laptop or desktop computers.
Supporting Android, Windows and Apple operating systems the tiny USB fingerprint scanner can be used to provide extra security for a number of different applications and features AES-256 encryption, together with a unique identifier on each device offering two extra levels of authentication.
Watch the video below to learn more about this neat iTouch ID device that adds slimline way to improve the security of your mobile and desktop devices.
Pretty much everyone has at least one online account – from the basic email to social networks, forums, cloud storage, bank accounts and many others. Experts recommend that in order to secure them, you create a unique password – that’s at least a 12-character combination with letters, numbers and symbols. Now try that with all your accounts! It’s a total headache to remember one or two, let alone a dozen or more. Even if you lock them all under one password, it would be a weak level of security at best. But there’s another way.
Every person is the world has a different fingerprint. So you already own a unique key, and we provide a fitting lock. To break it down: When you use iTouch ID for the first time it captures an image of your fingerprint and stores only the analysis data of the print, not the actual image. When you use it again, to access your accounts, it compares parameters of your fingerprint with the template and if they match, your in. No hacker in the world can get access to your fingerprint – because the image is not stored!
Features of iTouch ID include :
– The fingerprint scanner that fits your lifestyle
– Log on With a simple touch and you’ll be able to access your accounts. No more complicated passwords or worrying about prying eyes looking over your shoulder
– Smallest fingerprint USB scanner in the world
– Compatible with PC and Mac platforms and Android* (Stretch goals)
– Made with laser-cut Sapphire glass
– Aircraft Grade Aluminum construction with hard-anodized finish
– Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor with 500 pixels per inch resolution
Find out more about this tiny USB fingerprint scanner over on the Kickstarter crowdfunding website where the development team behind it are trying to raise $73,000 NZD to help take the device into production.