Australian watch designer and manufacturer Matthew Francis, has introduced his latest creation in the form of the Irukandji Dive Watch which is water resistant to 200 m and features a sapphire crystal glass, 120 click bezel, ceramic insert, screw down crown and more.Features include :
– 316L, marine grade stainless steel case (brushed);
– drilled lugs, for simple strap changes;
– domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective (AR) coating on the underside;
– 120-click unidirectional bezel, with lumed ceramic insert;
– signed, screw-down crown (at 10 or 4 o’clock), delivering 200m water resistance;
– stamped caseback with Irukandji artwork (brushed & polished);
– automatic Seiko NH35 movement, for reliability and easy, affordable servicing.
“Motivated by a passion for both the aesthetics and engineering of all timepieces, but particularly wrist-watches, Matthew and Son seek to design and produce uniquely styled, high quality pieces in a fit and finish that appeals to other watch enthusiasts. Keeping pieces functional and attainable are also important criteria for MAS products.
The Irukandji is a feature-packed dive watch, named after a group of small yet highly venomous jellyfish, indigenous to the coastline of Australia’s tropics. With a unique design, and a range of premium features and finishes usually found in high priced offerings, the Irukandji is just like its namesake; small in size, but packing a serious punch! “
Early bird pledges are available from AU$349 or roughly £190 for the first 150 backers offering a considerable $120 saving of the recommended retail price. If all goes well worldwide shipping is expected to commence sometime around October 2019. “We want to share our passion with like-minded enthusiasts, and pricing our products ‘out of reach’ runs counter to this desire.”