A new programmable digital audio effects platform has been launched via Kickstarter this week in the form of the FlexFX. The module Measures just 1.0″ x 1.4″ in size and supports USB Audio and MIDI, 32/64-bit DSP, up to 32 USB and ADC/DAC audio channels, up to 192 kHz sampling rates, and input to output latency of 350 microseconds.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the new digital audio effects modules that can be updated with pre-built effects or custom designed effects at any time using standard USB/MIDI. “FlexFX can simultaneously act as a USB/MIDI controlled effects processor, a direct-input interface for recording to USB, and a USB audio output sound card to serve as an audio interface for powered monitors or for mixing effects and USB audio together (e.g. jamming to music and while playing).”
Hardware and firmware features of the new FlexFX include :
– USB Audio Class 2.0 compliant for audio streaming and MIDI supporting effects control, data loading, and user interfaces.
– Safe firmware updating using USB/MIDI.
– Up to 32×32, 16×16, 8×8 USB audio and I2S in/out at 48/44.1, 96/88.2, 192/176.4 kHz sample rates.
– Support for I2S 8-slot TDM and up to four separate ADCs and four separate DACs.
– Single audio cycle DSP processing for all 32 channels (e.g. audio block size = 1) with a system latency (I2S input to I2S output) of 16 audio cycles (16/Fs, less than 85 microseconds at 192 kHz).
– I2C interface (for peripheral control) and general purpose input/output signals (GPIO).
– Free application development kit supporting USB audio/MIDI, ADC/DAC input and output, I2S and PCM configuration.
– Hand optimised digital signal processing functions for FIR/IIR filters, scalar and vector math, convolution, interpolation, etc.
For more details and a full list of all available pledges which start from $50 jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign page which hopes to start shipping products during November 2018 if the campaign is successful.