Developers, makers and hobbyists searching for an easy way to wirelessly control LED pixel lights, may be interested in a new control board created by Sapphire Open Systems, called the Chromatron.
Check out the demonstration video below to learn more about the open source Chromatron development board and how it can help you control your pixels via a Wi-Fi connection.
Features of Chromatron include the ability to :
– Control up to 300 pixels per Chromatron
– Stream pixel data over Wifi with the Python API
– Run graphics code directly on hardware with the built in FX scripting engine
– Take control with the command line interface: built in device discovery, dimmer controls, pixel setup, and more
– Easy LED wiring via screw terminals
– Open source
Chromatron takes custom designed hardware and feature-packed firmware, sprinkles it with some Python, and serves up a delicious new platform to help you transform your world into a psychedelic dreamscape. Make art with LEDs! At least, that’s what I’m using it for.
Chromatron is now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges starting from just $55 and delivery expected to take place during December 2017. For full specifications and more information jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.