Following on from CES 2019 Microsoft’s Major Nelson has published a new episode this week featuring more information about the highly anticipated Resident Evil 2 Remake demo and more. Check out this week’s episode embedded below for all the news and latest games on the Xbox platform.
Other games featured in this week’s This Week On Xbox episode include the online adventure Black Desert more information on the latest Backward Compatibility games and more. Black Desert Xbox is a large scaled MMORPG filled with intense combat, rewarding life skills and a beautifully detailed open world.
“The combat in Black Desert Online is action based, requiring manual aiming similar to those found in third-person shooters. Skills can be activated through use of combos for attacking, dodging or blocking. The game offers housing, fishing, farming, and trading, as well as large player versus player (PvP) siege, and castle battles.”
The game includes a number of features to assist with immersion and the sandbox aspect. These include:
– A dynamic, worldwide weather system which will include large-scale events such as typhoons and will influence gameplay. Localised weather will include events such as temporary fog which players may exploit to launch surprise attacks on rival guild structures.
– A dynamic day/night cycle with a gradual progression of lighting effects. During the night some NPCs will become unavailable as they return home and the monsters will drop more loot. Different game content will be available depending upon whether it is night or day.
– Player housing will be instanced and will vary in size and location. Players will be able to furnish and equip their housing by purchasing furniture through NPCs or through crafting.
– An active combat system requiring precise manual aiming, dodging and comboing, unlike the tab-targeting system seen in older MMORPGs.
– Players will be able to engage in mounted combat.Mounts are acquired by taming in the wild and players are able to breed special mounts by mating certain types. Mounts require feeding and care, cannot be stored in the inventory, and may be killed
Don’t forget you can watch This Week On Xbox from the Community section of the Xbox One dashboard in Canada, the UK and the US or watch it on the Xbox YouTube channel.
Source: Major Nelson