If you would like to quickly create high resolution 3D scans of people’s faces using your Android smartphone or tablet. You may be interested to know that Bellus3D has announced the availability of their new 3D camera and scanner at this year’s CES 2018. The Bellus3D 3D camera is now available to preorder priced at $499 and has been designed to quickly attach to any Android device equipped with a USB-C connection. Check out the video below created by the team at the Verge for a quick demonstration of its 3D face scanning technology.
Specifications of the Bellus3D 3D camera include :
– Two 1 MP Infrared sensors (1280 x 800)
– One 2MP Color sensor (1600 x 1200)
– Support external color camera from 2MP to 20MP
– Two Infrared structured light VCSEL projectors
– Working range: 25cm to 60cm (optimal at 30-45cm)
– USB Type-C connector (powered by mobile device)
– Dimension (w/o clip) 101mm(w) x 26mm(h) x 13mm(d)
– Android and Windows SDKs available for capturing and processing (inquire about supported devices)
Bellus3D also announced at CES 2018 that it is currently working with Spreadtrum Communications to develop hardware components that can be used to integrate the 3D scanning technology straight into Android smartphones.
The Bellus3D Face Camera Pro and our Android SDK are now available in limited quantity to developers and partners. Production and delivery of the Bellus3D Face Camera Pro is early Q1 2018. We are currently looking for developers or partners interested in developing software or building hardware using the Face Camera Pro. Please inquire about joining our developer program.
For more information on the 3D camera and its face scanning technology jump over to the official Bellus3D website by following the link below.